Monday, April 13, 2009

The Cigar Box Project

One of the things I like about this blog is it gives me a place to dump the stuff that amazes me! One such curriculum, The Cigar Box Project, created by Neil Stephenson is brilliant. (see left hand column) Middle school students study history and graphic design throughout the year by deconstructing 'old' cigar boxes. As the students study Canadian history they do 5 panels (four sides and the top) and at the end of the year they build the box to display their work. I love this project!!!

2 comments:

Neil Stephenson said...

Hi there.. so glad you like the Cigar Box Project! It's so fun to see where it ends up. Thanks for spreading the word.

nbosch said...

Thanks for stopping by, I hope to blog more this summer. I love the use of primary sources in the classroom and I love the whole visual thing--you hit them both. Keep up the good work, N.